Sustainable Practices Project
What are some practices used by communities in order to help minimize our impact on the environment?
- Building practices?
- Community Gardens?
- Sustainable transportation?
- Developing new parks?
This is a great, student directed project for geography (settlement patterns/sustainability). After being exposed to some different sustainable practices, students then choose one to research and create an engaging media presentation to share with the class. Instructions include clear timeline instructions and useful research questions to guide students in their quest to learn more about sustainable strategies being used by communities.
1) Sustainable Practices Project booklet with clear instructions for students.
***I have included both PDF and Word versions of the booklet for you to make changes to suit the needs of your classroom.
2) Application Sheet - for students to think through project choices and conference with you before they get started
3) Project Rubric - for student assessment and setting clear learning expectations
4) Peer Presentation Assessment Rubric - for students to give each other feed back about project/presentation skills
5) Partner/Self Assessment Sheet - for students to honestly assess their level of involvement/leadership, and to give comments/feedback to their work partner.