A great hands on way to reinforce Community Worker vocabulary! Visual support is great for ELL learners.
1. Have everyone choose one set of colored game pieces. (Each player needs to be a different color.) Decide who will go first.
2. Stack the playing cards face down.
3. When it is your turn, take one card from the stack. Read the sentence out loud, filling in the blanks. You can see if you are correct by checking answers on the answer key card.
4. If you answer correctly, find the location on the board and cover it with a game piece. If the answer is incorrect or you can not find an open square on the game board, it is the next players turn.
5. You win be getting four game pieces in a row!