Teach students to identify and properly order Regular and Irregular Adjectives and Adverbs and Comparative and Superlative Adjectives and Adverbs with TWO COMPLETE Common Core-aligned lessons, Journal and Sentence Writing, and a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities:
• Two FULL COLOR Adjectives/Adverbs Posters-print, laminate, and hang in your classroom!
• Two COMPLETE Lessons with highlighted Text Features for better Comprehension
• Close Journal Activities featuring Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• Practice 1: Identify Adjectives
• Practice 2: Form Comparative and Superlative Adjectives + Sentence Writing Practice
• Practice 3: Properly order Adjectives within Sentences + Sentence Writing Practice
• Practice 4: Identify Adverbs
• Practice 5: Comparative and Superlative Adverbs + Sentence Writing Practice
• Adjective Chart and Adjective Wheel
• Sentence Writing Practice using Adjectives in their Proper Order
• Adverb Chart (Comparative and Superlative Adverbs)
• Adjectives and Adverbs Story-we take students through entire Writing Process
Adjectives and Adverbs, aligned with the 4th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Standard Alignment), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + 17 FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included color copies of the Adjectives and Adverbs lessons for your White Board, black and white versions of the lessons and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Common Core Practice activities and Writing assignments.
Download the Adjectives and Adverbs Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, as well as samples from the lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS RESOURCES:
ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS – 3RD GRADE
ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS WORKSHEETS
MORE 4TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING ADJECTIVES AND ADVERBS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2013-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.