Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.8 MB | 21 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RL.5.3. They will compare and contrast two or more characters and settings in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text. Students look at the ways the characters in a story are similar or different can give a reader a better understanding of the story. Students also have the option to listen to instructional audio and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 2 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes four multiple choice questions
• Definitions of key terms, such as contrast and event
• Examples of how to draw on key details to compare and contrast characters and settings
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels