Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.52 MB | 42 pages
I have taught essays many times over the years, and organizing facts, research, and ideas into a proper essay format is one of the biggest challenges for young writers. I developed my Outlining and Drafting Booklets to help my students meet this challenge and produce a successful essay.
The Comparison/Contrast Essay Outlining and Drafting Booklet—
• A sample/mentor essay and accompanying resources that you can share with your students (this is the same mentor essay I include with the Comparison/Contrast Essay Resources Pack, so if you purchased that product, too, this one coordinates perfectly).
• An Essay Outlining and Drafting Booklet that is meant to be folded in half and stapled.
• A full-size version of the Essay Outlining and Drafting Booklet, just in case you want the organization but not the small, folded size of the other booklet.
• Printing and stapling instructions for both booklets.
• A PowerPoint presentation that goes along with the resources. Please feel free to edit this PowerPoint to meet the needs of your classroom.
To Fold or Not to Fold…
I have provided this booklet in two versions, one meant to be folded in half and the other a traditional 8½ by 11 full page size. I much prefer the folded version, but I realize that every teacher has their own preferences and every class has their own needs. You may even need a different version for one or two of your students. I find that organizing and drafting an essay is a very daunting task for my students—that’s why I always opt for the folded booklet. The size of the task I am giving them is physically smaller than most of the work they receive each day. You and I both know that the task is just as challenging and just as long, but there’s something about the smaller size of the folded booklet that helps out.