Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.38 MB | 50 pages
The goal of this Resource Pack was to include everything (or almost everything) you might need to help your students get started with the process of writing a Comparison/Contrast Essay about two animals.
The Comparison/Contrast Essay Supplemental Resource Pack includes—
• A sample/mentor essay and accompanying resources that you can share with your students.
• A prewriting page to help students select their two animals and make note of their prior knowledge about those two animals.
• A research page to lead students through internet research about the two animals.
• A list of helpful internet websites you can share with students to assist them in their research.
• A paragraph planning page—a tool to help students move from the facts they found while researching to organized paragraphs.
• A worksheet to help with formulating the thesis statement of the Comparison/Contrast Essay.
• “Help for your Hook”—a page with four sample hooks that could be used in the introduction paragraph.
• A PowerPoint presentation that goes along with the resources. Please feel free to edit this PowerPoint to meet the needs of your classroom.