Editable compare / contrast writing unit for English Language Arts grades 5 - 8.
Everything you need to guide your students through the process of writing a comparison and contrast.
*No prep needed. Everything is already assembled!
*Guided, step-by-step instructions for both you and your students
*Rewriting & editing checklists
*Holistic and rubric grading forms
Help your students master the writing process by taking them through it step-by-step.
This compare / contrast writing unit includes....
1. Teacher instructions - complete instructions including content notes and suggested pacing
2. Student handout - a 12-page guide that walks the students through the writing process. This includes....
* Teaching them the key elements of a story
* Helping them choose a topic
* Guiding them through the research phase
* Helping them create a plot diagram, develop their characters, choose a point of view, etc.
* Giving them direction for writing a rough draft
* Providing them checklists to both rewrite then edit their drafts
3. Two grading options - both a holistic and rubric grading form are provided with instructions for how to use each of them.
4. Sample story - the sample story provides inspiration and serves as an example for the students
The file also includes both a PDF and editable Word version of the file.
Let me know if you have any questions.
These writing units will be a huge help for your middle school students & will save you tons of prep time.
Love this unit & want more? Click here to check out the entire Writing Units Bundle.