Learning to compare and contrast is easy with this set of graphic organizers and story cards!
• 9 full-color graphic organizers including Venn diagrams, bubble maps, and organizational tables. The first two organizers focus on just comparing and then just contrasting. This allows students to fully understand the concepts separately before putting them together.
• 2 black and white graphic organizers for student use
• 8 story cards for individual or small group practice. Each card includes picture cards of the objects being compared. Students look at the pictures, read the passage, and complete a graphic organizer to compare and contrast the objects. This activity integrates well into writing. Students can use their completed graphic organizers as planning sheets for a compare and contrast writing piece.
Once students have a good understanding of compare and contrast, you can increase the rigor by having them pick two picture cards randomly and then compare them using their own knowledge or by doing research.
I like to use the color organizers to introduce and model how to compare and contrast. Then I put the story cards at a center with the student organizers so they can practice on their own.
This Compare and Contrast Pack is included in my Second Grade Math & Literacy Bundle
You might also be interested in:
• Cause and Effect
• Crack the Case With Fact and Opinion
• First Grade Reading Comprehension
Connect with Me!
• Teacher Times Two Blog
• Fishyrobb on Pinterest
• Fishyrobb on Instagram
• Fishyrobb on Facebook
• Fishyrobb on Twitter