This is a literature unit that compares the Snowmen at book by Caralyn Buehner. Students will compare the adventures that the snowmen go on and experiences they have.
This meets common core standards:
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
The books used for this unit are books by Caralyn Buehner
Snowmen at Night
Snowmen All Year
Snowmen at Work
and bonus pages for use with Snowmen at Christmas
Each story has:
- A page covering story elements and adventures/experiences of the snowmen
- A journal page- Making text connections
- Comprehension questions
- An activity: activities included are rhymes, verb endings, ABC order, and sentence scrambles
There are additional activities.
- Noting details: Favorite adventures/experiences of the snowmen
- Venn diagram to compare two stories
- Writing- opinion
- Write our own story- Snowman at ______
- Art Project
- BONUS: 2 pages to use with the story Snowmen at Christmas
Get your kids engaged with this Snowman at unit!