Compare and Contrast Athens Vs. Sparta Student Essay Assignment w/ writing tips
The Greeks were isolated from each other by their geography, which led to each city-state developing some unique characteristics. Yet, they had many similarities as well. Athens and Sparta are no different. While both developed very different societies and systems of government, they both do share some similarities.
To go in front of the Connecticut State’s Board of Education and Compares and contrast the development of Athens and Sparta in at least three of the following areas:
Military Culture /Cultural Achievements
Education Women’s position
Social Classes Means of making a living
Connecticut State’s Board of Education
To inform the Connecticut State’s Board of Education of the similarities and differences amongst the two ancient Greek civilizations of Sparta and Athens in a five paragraph compare and contrast essay.
1. Research information on the two ancient civilizations, using your textbook, notes, or other resource(s)
2. Once you have researched all areas listed above, and choose three that you feel you can develop into the best possible compare and contrast essay
3. Outline your essay in a well developed five paragraph essay
4. WRITE a Rough Draft of your five paragraph essay that you will present to Connecticut State’s Board of Education
5. Use the list on the next page and correct, or have your friend correct your five paragraph essay.
6. Use the assessment to grade your own five paragraph essay on your rough draft
7. Come to class prepared on the day of your test to write your five paragraph essay
**Check your Question or Task! Make sure you are answering the question/ Task.**