- This resource has everything you need to teach your students how to compare and contrast nonfiction texts - and how to write compare and contrast nonfiction essays! It includes no prep and low prep resources that make teaching this skill easier on you while keeping your students engaged and learnin$8.75$11.75Save $3.00
- Product Description
This compare and contrast essay writing resource provides scaffolding so even your struggling students can successfully write a short paper comparing and contrasting a topic of their choice. Differentiated rough drafts and a teacher model make teaching this skill easy!
Most of this resource is geared towards helping your students walk through the entire writing process as they write a compare and contrast essay; however, there are a few activities for additional practice included to help your students practice writing paragraphs that compare and contrast two topics of their choice.
Save over 25% when you buy this as part of my Compare and Contrast Nonfiction Bundle.
Include in this compare and contrast essay writing practice activity:
- a suggestion page to help students come up with topics for their essay
- a brainstorming page for students to compare and contrast topics of their choice
- 2 differentiated rough drafts, one that provides additional scaffolding (a compare and contrast template / outline)
- a revising and editing page
- a variety of final draft paper options
- a teacher model that compares and contrasts cats with dogs
- paragraph frames for additional practice with writing compare and contrast paragraphs
- two compare and contrast rubrics for assessment
You can also use this with 2nd grade, 3rd grade, or 4th grade students to practice comparing two texts. This resource is excellent to practice comparing and contrasting with ESL students or other struggling or low language students, as the scaffolding helps them be successful.
Check out the preview to see everything that is included in this compare and contrast writing activity!
You might also like:
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical