Famous Americans - Compare and Contrast Activities
This product includes the following six famous Americans:
• George Washington and Abraham Lincoln
• Helen Keller and Susan B. Anthony
• Martin Luther King, Jr. and Jackie Robinson
Use these activities during President’s Day, Black History Month, Women’s History Month or any time of the year when teaching “compare and contrast.”
• 6 Facts Sheets
• 6 Comprehension Sheets (1 for each Famous American)
• 3 “Similarities and Differences” graphic organizers (1 for each pair)
• 3 “Venn Diagrams” (1 for each pair)
• 3 “Compare and Contrast” practice worksheet with key words
• 1 lined paper for writing “Compare and Contrast” essay
• Have students read facts about these six famous Americans.
• Using one or both graphic organizers, have students jot down similarities and differences between a.) George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, b.) Jackie Robinson and Martin Luther King, Jr. and c.) Helen Keller and Susan B. Anthony.
• Students will practice writing sentences using key words and phrases.
• Students will then write a compare and contrast essay.
Other Famous Americans
Famous Americans: Reading Activities and Posters
Famous Americans Bundle: Reading Comprehension, Compare and Contrast and Posters
Compare and Contrast: George Washington and Abraham Lincoln