Need a fun and easy lesson that will allow you to teach students to compare and contrast stories, movies, characters, etc.? This might be just the pot of gold you are looking for! This is a flexible packet full of resources that you can use as you wish and comes with a complete lesson.
Compare and contrast fairy tales, correlating film, plot line, theme, story point of view, and more through analysis, essays, posters, etc. This is a resources that can be used in "a million" different ways to meet your individual classroom needs. Graphic organizers, templates, examples, etc. all included. I will continue to enhance this activity and make additions available to you even after your purchase!
- Lesson: Maleficent (the movie) vs. "Briar Rose"
- Movie guided notes page for Maleficent
- Story of "Briar Rose" (suggestion: You could also have students compare the Grimm Brothers "The Sleeping Beauty" as part of this lesson) as well as Literary Analysis form.
- Venn diagram
- Comparative analysis essay draft template complete with word bank
- Character compare/contrast resource
- Triple venn diagram (x2)
- Generic movie guided notes page (can be used with just about any film you wish to use in class)
- Compare and contrast poster project w/ complete example included
- Quick compare/contrast idea list
- Compare/contrast topics list
This is a no fail packet that you can use with the recommended lesson or just about any lesson where you wish to have students compare and contrast different versions of a text or media piece.
Good luck and happy teaching!