These lesson materials will support the teaching of:
*characteristics of the "Fairy Tale" genre
*identifying the compare and contrast text structure using Lon Po Po (a Chinese version) and the classic Little Red Riding Hood
* practice using the compare and contrast text structure by writing an essay noting similarities and differences between the two stories
Included in this purchase are:
* "Elements of a Fairy Tale" guide
* Tree Map to record the fairy tale elements while reading each story
* Word Sort cards for making predictions about characters and plot, and also for retelling and summarizing the story Lon Po Po
*Vocabulary review pages for Lon Po Po
*a "Multiple Perspectives" graphic organizer prompting students to look at a plot event in Lon Po Po from two sides and preparing for a class debate
*Double-Bubble Map to compare and contrast both fairy tales
* Planning pages/Graphic Organizers to help students plan for their 4-paragraph "compare and contrast essay"
Also included are:
*Specific directions for using the word sort cards
*Teacher samples of each paragraph for "compare and contrast essay"