Also included in
- Imagine having a complete set of resources to take you through the year that target standards in a kid-friendly way? This print and digital Reading Bundle contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders to help your students increase their reading comprehension. Everything you need is in$45.00$69.00Save $24.00
- What would you do if you had a set of ready-to-use, key reading units to take you through the year? No more wasting time trying to piecemeal meaningful resources!This Reading Bundle comes in both print and digital formats and contains 9 essential reading units for 3rd graders to help your students i$45.00$79.00Save $34.00
Your students will enjoy the short paired text passages featuring traditional literature (Aesop's Fables, folktales from around the world, and myths) in this Compare and Contrast Unit! It comes in two versions: print and digital for Google Classroom™, and is a time-saving and effective way to teach a variety of reading strategies including compare and contrast, theme, author’s purpose, and finding evidence from the text.
It includes: (Print and Digital)
10 Passages with two stories each per page (paired passages) and comprehension questions
Compare and Contrast List of Words Handout
Compare and Contrast the Story: Graphic Organizer
Compare and Contrast the Characters: Graphic Organizer
Compare and Contrast the Story Elements: Graphic Organizer
Venn Diagram Graphic Organizer
2 Theme Handouts
Digital Teacher Notes with Links and a Step by Step explanation of how to assign in Google Classroom™
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Why you'll love this resource:
- It includes traditional literature passages, including Aesop's fables, myths, and folktales from around the world.
- It has a digital version that works well in the classroom, for homeschool, or for distance learning.
- Most of the passages are paired text with two to three short stories on a single page.
- The passages are high-interest ones your students will enjoy, like The Monkey and the Pea or The Golden Touch!
- The printables are low prep for busy teachers and the paperless version is NO prep!
- It may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader's workshop, independent work, literacy centers, homework, test prep, and more!!!
If you’re looking for more paired text resources, here are a few you might like:
Looking for some paired texts to take you through the seasons?
These are completely digital reading units for Paired Texts! They are very interactive with drag and drop pieces and content your students will LOVE!
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a center for EACH FICTION and NONFICTION READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading centers specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.