Compare and contrast two important historical figures- Rosa Parks and Ruby Bridges in this resource! Great activity for Black History Month, Women's History Month, or any time of year.
Students will solve math problems to find the answer to facts about each woman, gain comprehension through reading passages, organize their thinking with a Venn Diagram, and respond to a writing prompt. This resource can be used for math, reading, and writing!
The following is included:
- 2 "What's My Number?" math worksheets (with answer keys): There are 6 questions about Rosa Park's and Ruby Bridge's life- the answers are found by solving a math problem.
- T-chart for students to jot down facts they learned from the math worksheets
- 2 reading passages on each woman (includes vocabulary word box)
- Venn Diagram to organize student thinking
- Compare and contrast writing task with lined paper
*Supports Common Core Standards**
*Math problems review operations with decimals, order of operations, powers of 10, and whole number multiplication and division.
*This document is designed for Grade 5, however can be adapted to 4th grade as a challenge or modified for 6th graders.
Please comment and rate if this product was useful to you or if you have any questions/feedback! :-) . I truly appreciate it!
Don't forget to follow me to get updates for new resources for your classroom, as well.
Interested in more? Here are links to other products that can be useful for the month of February (Including some freebies)! Enjoy!