PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a social studies project for first grade. This project covers this standard:
1.2 Students compare and contrast the absolute and relative locations of places and people and describe the physical and/or human characteristics of places.
4. Describe how location, weather, and physical environment affect the way people live, including the effects on their food, clothing, shelter, transportation, and recreation.
In this file I have included:
1. Worksheets with questions about different places to help guide student research.
2. Clipart to cut out and include on a poster board.
3. A ven diagram to compare and contrast.
4. A writing prompt about what students have learned.
5. Headers for a poster board.
6. A map of the world.
This product is designed to be used as a small group research project with a presentation and a poster display. However, you can use it as a whole class as well. If there is anything you would like me to add or change about this product please let me know.