Also included in
- This bundle includes my favorite and best-selling products for middle school SLPs! By purchasing this bundle, you save 20% compared to buying the resources individually. Check out everything that is included below to make sure it is appropriate for your caseload prior to purchasing. PS: I recently rPrice $100.00Original Price $127.00Save $27.00
Easily target compare and contrast goals with this incredibly thorough, easy prep packet that will last you the entire IEP year! This product includes all the compare and contrast passages and graphic organizers you need for evidence-based practice. The included Boom cards and Google slides make these compare and contrast activities just what you need for systematic intervention.
This scaffolded resource perfectly breaks down comparing and contrasting in a way that makes learning easy and successful for your students!
It includes the following:
- Quiz: Great as a pre/post test to show progress.
- Compare/Contrast Student Workbook: Interactive, print and go workbook to help you teach skills. See preview for examples!
- Posters (2)
- Keyword Sort: Sort comparing vs contrasting keywords/transition words.
- Mini Visuals: Can be printed on Post Its. I use them for classroom carryover!
- Compare/Contrast Examples Sort: Sort which situations you could use compare/contrast for and which situations are better for a different strategy.
- 3 Levels of Compare/Contrast Worksheets: See more information below.
- Complex Sentence Writing Worksheets: Two levels, one with more support and sentence starters.
- Blank Venn Diagram
- Editable, Text-Based Compare/Contrast Worksheet: You can add in your own text to this. You must have access to PowerPoint to use this.
- A Google Slides™️ version of the worksheets so you can add text on the worksheets more easily.
- A Boom cards™️ version of the cut and paste worksheets!
The three levels of worksheet are as follows:
1 - Includes pictures and descriptions that your students can cut and glue into the correct spot in a Venn diagram. There are 15 included.
2 - The same pictures as level 1 but without written descriptions. There are 15 included.
3 - Text-based comparing and contrasting. Also targets keywords and summarizing. I also included an editable version of these worksheets so you can use them with ANY text! There are 25 included.
In addition, some activities require cutting to be used as intended!
To get a ton more ideas on how to implement this packet, plus my favorite goal ideas, check out my blog post all about comparing and contrasting!
Here's some reasons why other SLPs have loved my Compare and Contrast activities:
♥ ”I love that these are designed to provide scaffolding incrementally for students. The concepts are easy to use with many themes and learning topics. Thank you for updating the graphics to use with older students who are working on this skill. I also love the visuals for improving syntax for comparing/contrasting!” - Norah B.
♥ ”I really like the visuals. You can use them as cues on student's desks or a cards you use in therapy. It really makes it easy for kids to see that you are talking about how things or the same, or when you want them to tell how things are different. I use it with junior high and high school students and they have also reported that the visuals help them!” - Elizabeth G.
♥ ”My students really enjoy this resource! I often try to have them come up with comparison's on their own and then give the option of the provided facts. As always, this Speechy Musings resource does not disappoint!” - Madison S.
To get a better feel of the product, feel free to download the preview file. You'll be able to check out the quiz and teaching workbook. Additionally, there are example pages of the worksheets, visuals, and activities shown.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a zipped file. If you need help opening the file, please click here to read a tutorial from TpT.
If you're looking for other language activities, you might also like:
- One Sheet Language Lessons - No Prep Speech Therapy Printables
- Learning and Identifying Story Grammar Parts in Narratives for Speech Therapy
Feel free to email the Speechy Musings team at email@example.com with any questions!
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟
Copyright © Speechy Musings