Products in this Bundle (5)
Compare and Contrast: This bundle contains 5 resources for teaching students how to compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story, by drawing on specific details in the text. For most of these resources, students will practice reading a passage, and then they will write an essay response that cites evidence from the text.
This bundle includes:
1. A 33-slide PowerPoint (You do have my permission to convert this to Google Slides, if you wish.)
2. A 4-page PowerPoint Companion Handout (The companion handout includes both a printable version and a Google Slides version.)
3. A Compare and Contrast Craftivity
4. A Worksheet Packet containing 3 passages and prompts (one prompt focuses on characters, one focuses on setting, and one focuses on events) This can also be used as an assessment! (You get to choose between the print version or the Easel Activity version.)
5. An "I have... Who has...?" Cause and Effect Game (You get to choose between the print version or the Google Slides version.)
6. BONUS FEATURE: 5-day Lesson Plan format that I use with these materials
7. 5 Compare and Contrast Historical Figures Partner Plays (After students read each script about two historical figures, they compare and contrast the figures using a Venn diagram!)
These materials were created to specifically address Common Core State Standard RL.5.3: Compare and contrast two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in the text (e.g., how characters interact). (The bundle can be used with multiple upper elementary and middle school grade levels, though.)
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
Please note: The PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
The resources in this bundle are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting these items (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!