Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tas$64.03$80.03Save $16.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$277.02$377.02Save $100.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$25.41$33.41Save $8.00
- Help your students build comprehension with these 8 sets of task cards! The resources in this bundle have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers and will save you 25% off the regular prices!Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage. The digital version$19.96$28.32Save $8.36
- 6 Sets of Task Cards for Text Structures - Fictional and Informational PassagesCause and EffectCompare and ContrastSequencingProblem and Solution DescriptionIdentifying Text StructuresText Structures Anchor Charts / PostersClick the preview button to see the resources in greater detail.What's Includ$17.54$21.92Save $4.38
27 compare and contrast task cards with short passages - These are great for encouraging students to use their critical thinking skills and strengthening their reading comprehension!
- 27 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- 2 Google Slides Versions
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Theme Task Cards
- Making Inferences Task Cards
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause & Effect Task Cards
- Author's Purpose Task Cards
This resource is also included in the following bundles:
- Reading Strategies MEGA BUNDLE
- ELA Task Cards MEGA BUNDLE
- Task Card Variety Pack Bundle
- Text Structure Task Card Bundle
- Reading Comprehension Bundle
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Comparing and contrasting is a challenging reading skill. Each of these 27 cards features a short passage along with two text-dependent questions. To add more rigor, several of the cards may also require some inference for full understanding. Each passage is focused either on people, places, events, or a nonfiction topic.
Use digitally as Google Slides or Easel. Easel and Google Slides are identical. PLUS an extra Google Slides activity to utilize a Venn Diagram!
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Love, love, love these! I've used these in centers and in small group intervention practice. I've used them with Venn Diagrams and T-charts...they work well for both." -Lisa H.
✏️ "I thought this was a fun activity for practicing comparing and contrasting skills with my students. I am always looking for new ways to present information. Sometimes it is hard to find activities that are not too simple for my upper elementary students. This is a great addition to my comparing and contrasting unit. Thank you!" -Lindsay M.
✏️ "These task cards were awesome! Was able to use a card as a warm up for students and in centers. The cards also promote critical thinking, which is a huge plus! Thanks!!" -Jade F.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSRI.3.9 - Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom