Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$57.48$77.48Save $20.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
Comparing and contrasting is a challenging reading skill. Each of these 27 cards (and google slides) features a short passage along with two text-dependent questions. To add more rigor, several of the cards may also require some inference for full understanding. Each passage is focused either on people, places, events, or a nonfiction topic.
Google Slides added May 13, 2020 - Please see Preview for more images and details.
Great for test prep or as extra practice for your text structures lesson. You could use them orally with small groups and have students discuss the answers. They could also be used individually with students responding either in paragraph format, with a Venn diagram, or on the provided answer sheet or slide. Answer keys are also included.
Blackline versions included for printing in black and white. They look great on bright colored paper!
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 27 Task Cards Color
- 27 Task Cards Black Line
- 27 Google Slides with Text Boxes
- Cover Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Keys
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ Love, love, love these! I've used these in centers and in small group intervention practice. I've used them with Venn Diagrams and T-charts...they work well for both. -Lisa H.
♥ I thought this was a fun activity for practicing comparing and contrasting skills with my students. I am always looking for new ways to present information. Sometimes it is hard to find activities that are not too simple for my upper elementary students. This is a great addition to my comparing and contrasting unit. Thank you! -Lindsay M.
♥ These task cards were awesome! Was able to use a card as a warm up for students and in centers. The cards also promote critical thinking, which is a huge plus! Thanks!! -Jade F.
Also available in a money-saving Reading Strategies Task Card Bundle
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom