Compare and Order Numbers
This resource uses a variety of instructional materials designed to teach 4th grade students how to compare and order multi-digit numbers – task cards, extra practice printables, foldables, and an assessment. “Compare and Order Numbers” is aligned with the following Common Core standard in Numbers and Base Ten Operations:
– Read and write multi-digit whole numbers using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form. Compare two multi-digit numbers based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
This resource addresses the second part of the standard ONLY. Read and Write Numbers
(which addresses the FIRST part of the standard) is offered as a separate resource, or you can save 20% and purchase the Numbers Bundle
, which includes both products.
Included in this product:
• Summary with teaching and printing suggestions
• 36 Task Cards – color and an identical B&W version with 3 question types
• Answer Key Cards – print on back of task cards as a self-checking option
• Answer Sheet and Full-Page Answer Key
• 3 Extra Practice Printables and Keys – one page for each question type
• Assessment and Key – integrates all 3 question types
• Vocabulary Foldable – is greater than, is less than, is equal to
• Interactive Notebook Foldables
This resource would be great in learning centers, during small group instruction, or as a Response to Intervention (RtI) lesson. You can also use the task cards with the whole class and play SCOOT or Switch!
Looking for more Common Core math resources?
• Identifying Place Value
• Rounding Numbers
• Factors and Multiples
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator
is greater than, is less than, is equal to, comparison, order, numbers and operations, digits, math, task cards, center activities, RTI activities, printables, foldables