Comparing Anatomy - Embryology - Evolution - Middle School Science
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 7th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 7th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 7th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $115.00Original Price $143.75Save $28.75
- Do you want to save time in planning for middle school science? This Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses all the NGSS standards for Middle School Science! Save 30% by purchasing this bundle! Get back to the fun of teachinPrice $296.31Original Price $418.80Save $122.49
- This evolution bundle covers all the middle school science standards in the biological evolution strand. Students will learn about natural selection, selective breeding, comparative anatomy, comparative embryology, and the fossil record. Students will examine the evidence for evolution. You save 20%Price $23.80Original Price $29.75Save $5.95
- This bundle includes two units on comparing the anatomy of ancient and modern organisms, looking at homologous, analogous, embryological, and vestigial structures as evidence for evolution. One unit is in Google and the other is in printable form with PDF and PPT. These resources are not exactly aliPrice $11.60Original Price $15.00Save $3.40
- Do you teach life science in middle school? Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet the NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas: This bundle covers all the life science standards for middle school NGSS. LS1: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes, LS2: InteractionPrice $106.60Original Price $133.25Save $26.65
- This is a bundle for 8th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 8th grade in California and other states using the Integrated Model for 8th grade. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the NGSS IntePrice $126.20Original Price $157.75Save $31.55
Students will compare anatomy and embryology to look for evolutionary relationships by examining homologous, analogous, and vestigial anatomical structures. Students will learn about comparative anatomy and examine structures similar and different in modern and ancient organisms. Students will compare similarities in pictures of embryos and learn how these structures support the theory of evolution and provide evidence for evolution. ✍
✅This unit on Evolution includes:
- Informative slide show
- Strategic notetaking guide
- Two reading passages
- Follow-up pages
- A quiz
- Answer keys
Teachers Love This Unit on Comparitive Anatomy!
Aileen ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
This went nicely with our evolution unit. My students made great connections and it was aligned to standards. Easy to use and not controversial for my conservative community...just the science facts.
Thomas ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
My students loved this unit and especially loved learning about vestigial structures! Haha they had a lively conversation regarding wisdom teeth and who had them and who didn't. It was funny but they made great connections!
This unit is designed to address the following standards:
NGSS MS-LS4-2.Apply scientific ideas to construct an explanation for
the anatomical similarities and differences among modern organisms and between modern and fossil organisms to infer evolutionary relationships.
NGSS MS-LS4-3. Analyze displays of pictorial data to compare patterns of similarities in the embryological development across multiple species to identify relationships not evident in the fully formed anatomy.
Utah SEEd standard 7.5.3
Construct explanations that describe the of body structure similarities and differences between modern organisms, and between ancient and modern organisms, to infer possible evolutionary relationships. (LS4.A)
Utah SEEd Standard 7.5.4
Analyze data to compare in the embryological development across multiple species to identify similarities and differences not evident in the fully formed anatomy. (LS4.A)
See the preview for more details!
Do you have questions about my resources? Contact me at
You may also like this companion piece, Natural Selection.
- Follow me and get news of my new resources.
- Each new resource that I post is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours! If you follow me you will get an alert that I have a new resource and will have an opportunity to purchase at a discount.
You can save 20% by purchasing the Evolution Bundle
Please see my other resource for MS NGSS and Utah SEEd:
Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions
Thermal Energy and Particle Motion
NGSS MS Life Science Bundle 20% Savings
Utah SEEd 6.4 Strand Bundle at 20% Savings
NGSS Middle School Physical Science Bundle
Utah SEEd 6.2 Strand Physical Science Bundle
Please note: My resources, including the slide show, are not editable for copyright reasons. This resource is in pdf and ppt format.