Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This product contains multiple activities that allow students to compare Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism. (Who produces the goods, who distributes the goods, decides prices etc.) These activities are great to use during a Cold War Unit, Industrial Revolution Unit or when comparing economic systems in Economics. There are multiple activities- use them all or mix and match. This product contains:
1) Warm-up Activity ( infographic chart)- students read through the differences between Capitalism, Socialism and Communism and summarize their understanding.
2) Video Activity- 15 minute public access video and corresponding worksheet.
3) 15 Short primary source excerpts from multiple perspectives on the pros/cons of each economic system with corresponding questions- students work in pairs to read each excerpt and answer the corresponding comprehension questions. (Excerpts include the writings of Adam Smith, Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, Einstein and MORE!)
4) Socialism and Capitalism Comparing Perspectives activity- student pairs complete the graphic organizer from their ASSIGNED perspective- using the primary source excerpts to support their responses.
5) EXIT CARD- students finish the incomplete cartoons on Communism and Capitalism using what they have learned.
Follow My Store!
Follow my store... simply click on “follow me” under Learning is a Passion on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post awesome new products and have sales.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave positive feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback will earn you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive comments!
Want more Economics Resources? Check these out:
Want more World History products?
Want US Government products?
Want more Quality US History Resources? Check these out: