Capture the Decimals is math review game for comparing and ordering decimals. There are two variations of the game, a whole class version and a partner version, and there are three levels of game cards available. Students take turns placing decimal cards in sequential order. If either player is able to place one of his or her cards between two other cards, he or she may capture and take all three cards. This game works well in cooperative learning teams and math centers. You’ll also find two quick review activities to do with the class if they need a little practice first. This game targets 4th and 5th grade standards but would be a great review for middle school students, too!
4.NF.C.7 and 5.NBT.A.3.B
Save $$$ with the Math Games Mega Bundle!
This game is one of the 16 games in my Math Games Mega Bundle. To preview the other games in the bundle, click on the links below and use the Preview feature on each page. Most of these games are appropriate for 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade, and some can be adapted for younger or older students. The Math Games Mega Bundle is a growing bundle, so if I add more math games to it, you’ll be able to download the new games for free!
• Area & Perimeter Tic-Tac-Toss
• Capture the Decimals (Comparing Decimals Game)
• Classify It! Exploring Quadrilaterals
• Decimal Place Value Bingo
• Factor Race Game
• Fraction Review Spinner Games
• I'm the Greatest (Comparing Numbers Game)
• Monster Math Mix-up: Telling Time
• Mystery Number Detectives
• Order of Operations Bingo - Level 1
• Order of Operations Bingo - Level 2
• Place Value Partners
• Place Value Spinner Review Games
• Pumpkin Pie Fraction Mix-up
• Racing Through Elapsed Time Game
• Simplify & Snap Fractions Game
Common Core Standards, decimal instruction, cooperative learning, math game, math center game, Laura Candler