Kids love fairy tales and this unit utilizes the genre to guide students through reading comprehension skills that focus on note-taking, summarizing, comparing, text evidence, theme, and culture. The file also provides tools for successful discussions. The multicultural lessons include Individual assessment, partner collaboration, and a culminating cooperative project with grading rubric for teacher assessment and student self evaluation. Your students will learn about the world and be inspired. Answer keys to compare The Egyptian Cinderella and The Irish Cinderlad, both by Shirley Climo, will give teachers possible examples. Your boys will enjoy The Irish Cinderlad and all your students will be surprised that there is a male version of Cinderella.
This file includes...
* Common Core State Standards
* 4 lessons with detailed lesson plans
* Student folder or notebook cover sheet
* Story Notes graphic organizer checks comprehension with story elements (Example Answer Key using The Irish Cinderlad included)
* Cultural Notes graphic organizer will help students identify and learn about the country in which the story takes place. (Example Answer Key using The Egyptian Cinderella included)
* “Cinderella Stories at a Glance” graphic organizer provides students with a tool for comparing 4 stories and recording main ideas
* 1 color Venn Diagram for individuals or partners to compare and contrast 2 fairy tales (black & white version included)
* Venn Diagram sample Answer Key to compare and contrast The Irish Cinderlad and The Egyptian Cinderella
*Color poster with directions for a Triple Venn Diagram used for a collaborative project (black & white version included)
* Pictures of sample student Triple Venn Diagrams
* 1 colorful “Rules for Discussion” poster (black and white version included)
* 1 colorful “Guidelines for Presentation” poster (black and white version included)
* 20 Essential Question posters
* 13 skills mini posters (2 to a page)
* 1 Definition of Culture poster
* 1 Cultural Feature header
* 4 Cultural Feature mini posters (3 to a page) with a definition of each for your word wall
* 7 pages of book lists on culture and suggested Cinderella stories
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a MULTICULTURAL BUNDLE that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing CINDERELLA stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $ - 33%.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
BELOW ARE THE OTHER 4 RESOURCES THAT ARE PART OF THE BUNDLE
Script Writing, Puppet Making, and Dramatization Project
Discover the World Through Culture Scavenger Hunt:CCSS Aligned
Before, During, and After Reading: Analysis and Discussion: CCSS Aligned
Character Analysis for Close Reading: CCSS Aligned
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.