Look no further for EFFECTIVE practice with the important skill of comparing firsthand and secondhand accounts on the same topic! This product contains passage-based multiple-choice questions similar to what students will see on state tests AND a short-answer option for each set of paired passages! These HIGH-INTEREST accounts are designed to help students read closely and develop a deeper understanding of the similarities and differences between firsthand and secondhand accounts.
The paired passages include the following topics:
- Moon Landing Accounts
-Schooling in the 1800s Accounts
- Rudolph Sighting Accounts
- Puppy Training Accounts
- Snowy Roads Accounts
- Mount Vesuvius Accounts
- Starfish Accounts
- Firsthand/Secondhand accounts anchor chart
- 7 sets of paired passages (14 passages in all)
- Common Core aligned multiple-choice questions for each passage set
- Short-response question options for each passage set
- Answer key for multiple-choice questions
Standard Addressed: RI.4.6 Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.
Click below to check out my other resources!
Context Clues BUNDLE
Context Clues in Longer Passages (Multiple-Choice Format)
Context Clues Task Cards
Context Clues Matching Activity
Context Clues Sorting Activity