Comparing Fractions Printables includes 24 comparing fractions practice pages in which students create a visual representation of a given fraction. Using the visual fraction model, students will compare fractions to one half by reasoning about their size. Students will record the results of fraction comparisons with the symbols >, =, or <, and justify the conclusions. Students will represent fractions on a number line diagram, recognizing equivalent fractions as having the same point on a number line.
Encourage students to justify their conclusions. For example, this fraction is equivalent to one-have because it is shares the same point on the number line. Check out the preview for a closer look.
• Display the printables on an interactive whiteboard to use the printables as a whole group lesson, RTI intervention, or an interactive math center. The answer keys may be helpful for instruction as well.
• Laminate or place printables in sheet protectors so that students may use dry erase markers to complete during math centers or small group instruction.
• Print smaller versions for students to write on with colored pencils. Print 4 or 6 pages per sheet. Select pages to print __ to __ Under "paper sizing and handling click multiple. Then click the desired number of pages per sheet. Set orientation to landscape.
• Select specific pages to print to use as an assessment.
• Create your own fraction comparisons using the blank printable included.
You may also like the following Fraction resources:
Fractions: 3 Grade Bundle
Fractions: Comparing Fractions Printables
Fractions: Fraction Centers
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Snowball Fight
Fractions: Common Core Fraction Lesson
Fractions: Fraction Picture Cards
Fractions: Measuring Inches Snowball Fight
Fractions: Fraction & Decimal Zombie Task Cards
Fractions: Fraction Cootie Catchers
Fractions: Comparing Fractions 3rd grade
Fractions: Comparing Fractions
Fractions: Fraction Teaching Slides and Printables
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Roll and Color Bears
Fractions: Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers Roll and Color Spiders
Fractions: Fractions on a Line Plot
Fractions: Visual Number Line
Fractions: Capacity Fractions of Ounces and Cups
Fractions: Ordering Decimals
Fractions: Spanish and English Fraction Picture Cards