Looking for some fun and engaging ways to practice comparing fractions? Try these activities, which use number lines and benchmarks to help your students’ master comparing fractions with like and unlike denominators. These centers can be used for instruction, review, or remediation. I use them as part of my math workshop.
This unit includes the following activities:
1. Line ‘Em Up (whole group and small group activity) Placing fractions on a number line.
2. Which Fraction in Each Pair is Greater? Task cards with and without picture clues
3. Fraction Sort. Students sort fractions as being closer to 0, 1/2, or 1.
4. Making a comparing fractions foldable
5. On the Case of the Missing Fraction. Students need to figure out the missing fraction. This activity comes with a QR code answer key.
6. Fraction Action – Word problems with picture clues provided for those students who need that little extra help.
Recording sheets and answer keys are included for all centers.