Your students will want to “Go For the Gold” with this cooperative learning Snowboard
Game Math Center. They will have fun with the 24 self-correcting task cards and game board that allows them to practice comparing fractions (CCSS 4.NF.2) Materials come in a choice of color or black and white. Easy prep.
The center includes ...
* Detailed instructions to use the file and center
* 2 sets of Game Boards with Game Directions (Colored and Black & White)
* 2 sets of Snowboard Game Pieces (Colored and Black & White)
* 1 set of Flag Game pieces - for an alternative (Color)
* 2 sets of 24 Task Cards (Colored and Black & White)
* 2 sets of Student award ribbons (Colored and Black & White) for game winners or encouragement
* Student Recording sheet with Numbers that Match Task Cards
* Teacher Answer Key
* 2 Fraction Strip Charts (Colored and Black & White) - use for reference or cut for manipulatives
* 2 Equivalent Fraction Charts (Colored and Black & White) - use for reference or cut for manipulatives
* 1 Fraction Number Line (Black & White)
* 1 Colorful Center Sign to choose from that gives student directions.
NOTE: This center is a part of money saving bundle with 4 centers for $6.00. The other centers focus on Multi-Step Equations, Reading and Writing Numbers, and Comparing Decimals/Converting Fractions. They feature sledding, ice hockey, and speed skating. Also check out my Olympic Ski Racing FREEBIE where students practice multiples and factors to give you a total of 5 Winter Olympic centers. Click below for the complete bundle.
Olympic Math Centers with Task Cards and Games: CCSS Aligned
Also check out these additional Common Core Resources for Grades 4 and 5.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
Vocabulary Aquisition and Synonym Games and Practice (Word of the Day)