This product includes Venn Diagrams for various countries and regions for your students to use to compare to life in their own country ("life in my country"). Each diagram has a duplicate page that reads "life in Ontario."
I zoomed the Venn Diagrams 129% to photocopy on 11"x17" sheets of paper.
Click the green PREVIEW button to see what's included!
I've included a link to a free app (EPIC! - on iDevice, Android, and/or browser) which gives you access to tons of read-aloud books. I've also included the titles of books I used for each country to help with your students' research. However, the information can most likely be found in most books or on the Internet.
a checklist for your observations as students work through these activities. Observe the strategies of: making inferences, making connections, asking questions, and recalling facts and information. As Ontario's Social Studies curriculum has moved to inquiry-based, observation checklists have become very useful in my classroom.
Each Venn Diagram also comes with a sheet with cut-out descriptors for students to glue into the appropriate space. This is great for differentiation, time-saving, and students who can't write small enough yet.
The included countries and regions are:
- United Kingdom
Bonus Activities Included
It also includes two bonus activities for the Ontario Grade 2 Global Communities curriculum expectation B2.3 - analyse and construct simple maps to determine and illustrate patterns in the interrelationship b/t the location of some communities and human activities in those communities (created with both Canadian and American spelling).
Also useful for:
- research activity
- reading strategy activity (making connections, compare and contrast, ask questions, make inferences)
- global studies in the primary grades
- beginning geography concepts
- heritage and identity
- global and community traditions.
Ontario Grade 2 Social Studies
* Countries and Biomes: Words and Pictures for Word Walls, Vocabulary, Writing Support, etc.
* Open Math Problems: Global Communities
Remember to leave feedback to earn TPT points - which can be used toward future purchases!
Other fun resources:
* Behaviour Management - Safety Infraction Tickets
* Dolch Grade 1 Sight Words Frog Hop Game
* 3D Geometry Interactive Student Booklet
* Canadian Coins Booklet - Ontario Grade 1 and 2 Curriculum
* Best Part of Me - Self Esteem and Body Image - Descriptive Writing