Comparing numbers in kindergarten and first grade using the greater than, less than symbols can be challenging! Young students often confuse the symbols and struggle with the concept.
In this video, I share lesson ideas and activities that will help you teach your students how to confidently compare numbers. Use these ideas with your whole class, in a guided math group, or for individual students who need extra help with this particular skill.
Tell Me More!
Here are some of the things I touch on in the video:
• My three step approach to comparing numbers
• Why I use words before symbols
• How to help students remember the symbols
• Cheap, easy ways to make hands-on greater than, less than symbols
• Fun activities for students to practice comparing numbers that don't include boring worksheets
Free Greater Than, Less Than Posters
In the video, I share two posters I use to introduce and help students remember the greater than, less than symbols. Get your FREE set by clicking on the download button above where it says "Supporting Document Included".
The recording sheets and games I use in the video are included in my Comparing Numbers: Greater Than, Less Than, Equal To Worksheets and Games
resource in my TPT store.
Questions? Please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks so much for stopping by!