Are the greater than and less than symbols confusing your students? Teach them to confidently compare numbers using the > , < and = symbols by using the low-prep games and worksheets in this resource!
• 12 differentiated worksheets (numbers 0-10, 0-20 and 0-100)
• 5 math center games/activities
• 3 board games
• Answer keys
Tell Me More!
The worksheets and activities in this resource follow three steps I use to teach greater than, less than to K-1 students. I created a FREE instructional video on TPT that details each step and gives ideas and activities for how to teach each one.
Here is each step and the worksheet or activity in the resource that supports it:
Words Before Symbols: Use the words “is greater than”, “is less than” and “is equal to” to compare numbers.
• Candy Comparisons
• Comparing Caps
• Climb and Compare Board Game
Introduce the symbols & find the greater or smaller number in an inequality.
• The Biggest Balloons
• The Smallest Snails
• Cloudy Comparisons
Compare two numbers using >, < or = symbols.
• Prickly Pairs
• Comparisons in Disguise
• Fishy Comparisons
• Comparing Cherries
• Let’s Compare
• Tablet Tallies
• Count and Compare
• Numbers About Me
• Scavenger Hunt
• Spin and Compare
• A-maze-ing Comparisons
• Random Number Generator
• Greater Than, Less Than Board Game
• Golf Board Game
Please note: You will need to provide playing cards, dice, newspapers or magazines (for the scavenger hunt), and a computer or tablet (random number generator) for some of the activities.
Teacher Features You’ll Love:
• Worksheets have three options: numbers 0-10, 0-20, and 0-100
• Incremental, step-by-step approach
• Low prep, print-and-go activities
• Great for whole class or small group instruction
• Free instructional video to accompany resource
• Board games in color and black & white
• Answer keys included
The answer keys are not included in the page count for this resource.
Questions? Feel free to email me at email@example.com or click on the "Product Q & A" tab to contact me here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You might also like: