Comparing Numbers Guided Master Math Unit 6 Greater Than Less Than Equal To
Also included in
- This bundle contains my second five units of Master Math Curriculum for First Grade. The units included are Unit 6 Comparing Numbers, Unit 7 Addition and Subtraction to 20, Unit 8 Applying Properties, Unit 9 Telling Time, & Unit 10 Mental Math Strategies Everything you would need to teach Math iPrice $70.00Original Price $84.00Save $14.00
- This bundle consists of 15 units that I use for my first grade guided math curriculum. It is built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. EachPrice $200.00Original Price $253.00Save $53.00
This unit is the sixth unit of a first grade MASTER math curriculum built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. It focuses on Comparing numbers using the greater than, less than, and equal to signs. Students will learn to compare numbers using base-10 blocks, ten frames, 2-digit numbers, addition, subtraction and words. There are enrichment opportunities to build their number sense to the hundreds and thousands place value. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each lesson begins with a whole group mini lesson provided in a SMART notebook version or a pdf file. Then students begin to rotate (much like centers). MASTER stands for Manipulatives, Apply Skills, Small Group, Technology, Enrichment, and Review. There are activities provided for each component listed, lesson plans, assessments, SMART notebook files, and a fun culminating craft. Included you will receive:
- Greater than, less than, or equal to word sorting mats
- Alligator sign mats 3 sets 0-10, 10-99, & 100’s.
- True or False greater than, less than, or equal to statements
- Comparing with ten-frames sorting mats
- Comparing with base 10 sorting mats
- Comparing with addition and subtraction to 10 sorting mats
- Ordering numbers from least to greatest & greatest to least mats
- Least to Greatest spin and compare
- Greatest to Least spin and compare
- Spin, add, and compare
- Roll, add, and compare
- Spin Base-10 and compare
- More or Less than 20
- Greater or Less than 50
- Greater, Less, or the Same board game
- Comparing numbers using words (2)
- Comparing numbers using signs cut and glue (2)
- Comparing numbers making the signs (2)
- Comparing numbers in ten frames (2)
- Comparing numbers in base 10 (2)
- Comparing numbers using addition and subtraction (2)
- Ordering numbers from least to greatest and greatest to least (2)
- Review of all skills (2 pages)
- Assessment of all skills (2 pages)
- Assessment Extensions (1 page)
- Answer Keys Provided in this section only
Technology 6 activities in Boom Learning and Google Slides
- Comparing numbers using words
- Comparing 2-digit numbers using signs
- Comparing Base-10 using signs
- Comparing 10 Frames using signs
- Comparing addition statements using signs
- Comparing subtraction statements using signs
- Comparing Base 10 Blocks to the 100’s place(1)
- Comparing numbers to the 100’s place value (1)
- Comparing numbers to the 1000’s place value (1)
- Adding or Subtracting to 20 then comparing using <,>, or = (2)
- Order from least to greatest in the 100’s place value (1)
- Order from least to greatest in the 1000’s place value (1)
- Order from greatest to least in the 100’s place value (1)
- Order from greatest to least in the 1000’s place value (1)
- Number bonds
- Addition to 10
- Subtraction to 10
- Counting by 5’s
- Expanded Form
- One more, one less
- Draw in Base-10
- Halves and Fourths
- What is the value of a number?
- Counting Nickels
- What is the number?
- Write a number story + & -
Alligator Kids Craft
3 mini alligator crafts cumulative project to review place value
Class progress sheet
Individual progress sheet
9 lessons completed for you
5 templates to create your own
SMART Notebook warm up lessons whole group
8 different lessons
8 pdf’s in case you don’t have SMART Notebook
Description, I Can Statements, Standards, Binder Cover and Layout
Rotation Templates in SMART Notebook or PDF version
**IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE TECHNOLOGY PIECES**
Some of this resource is in Google Slides format. You will NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to GOOGLE SLIDES to use this resource. It is also helpful to have GOOGLE CLASSROOM but not necessary. It will help you easily send the activities to your students.
Please note: I am not affiliated or associated with Google, nor do they endorse this resource.
Important: To redeem your Boom Cards, you will create an account for Boom Learning. The account you get with your purchase allows you to play the Boom Cards on interactive whiteboards and with individual students using Fast Play. Fast Play does not save student progress reports.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
***To try them out below with this preview link!****
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....