In this fun action-packed activity, students literally get into action as they compare fractions
from least to greatest by moving around the room. Kinesthetic learners (as well as the others) thrive through multiple activities to compare fractions provided in this guide. This fraction activity is a big hit with my students!
This detailed teacher’s guide includes:
Complete teacher’s guide for 2 45-minute lessons or 1 90-minute lesson
All student handouts
Instructions for adapting whole class instruction to math centers
Guide for journal writing and discussion
Fraction resources include:
- Add and Subtract Fractions Interactive Notebook
- Convert fractions to mixed numbers center activity
- Fractional distances on maps Task Card Activity
- Add and Subtract Fractions Paper Chain Activity
- Equivalent Fractions Paper Chain Activity
- Convert Decimals to Fractions Task Card Activity
- Addition and Subtraction with Fractions Word Problems
- Convert between Decimals and Fractions Paper Chain Activity
- Operations with Fractions Coded Message Activity
- Equivalent Fraction Interactive Notebook Foldable
- Division and Multiplication of Fractions Word Problem Task Card Activity
- Comparing Fractions Inquiry Activity
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.