Also included in
- This bundle includes 4 geography resources. These fun geography games and activities will help you teach or supplement your social studies curriculum. The bundle includes:Compass Rose Activities Compass Rose GameGeography GamePumpkin Globes Continents OutlinesPlease click the individual resources pi$6.00$8.00Save $2.00
This compass rose game will get kids up and moving while learning map skills! Use it as part of your map skills unit or as a brain break throughout the year.
Here are the directions for the game:
1. Print and laminate each direction sign.
2. Hang the signs up in the corresponding sections of your classroom. You can use North, East, South, West to start, and then add the intermediate directions after students learn the game.
3. Choose 1 student to be “it” and have him/her sit in the middle of the room with eyes closed. When “it” is ready, he/she says, “Travel!”
4. The other students very quietly travel to one of the signs and sit below it. The teacher can keep time or use a timer for this part. You can try about 30 seconds to a minute depending on your students.
5. When time is up, and the students are sitting quietly under a sign, “it” calls out one of the directions without peeking. Any student under that sign is out and sits down.
6. Play continues until all students are caught. Choose a new “it” and play again!
You may also like...
*Click the green star above to follow my store and be the first to know about new products and sales!
*Did you know that you can earn FREE TpT resources by rating your purchases and earning credits?! Your feedback also helps us continue to provide quality resources for educators.
Thank you for visiting!
Fourth Grade Frenzy