Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This manual includes step-by-step directions, explanations of indirect and direct behavioral assessment methods, and hard and editable forms that will allow you (or your team) to easily conduct and complete the 6-step process in assessing challenging behaviors, writing functional behavior assessments (FBAs), and developing the behavior intervention plan (BIP).
Conducting FBAs and writing BIPs is the most precise practice in assessing challenging behaviors and developing positive interventions. Recently, RTI (Response to Intervention), a framework being used across the United States, has implemented practices for how schools identify at-risk students, deliver instruction, and provide behavioral support services to all students within the learning community. It is vital that the behavioral assessment process be conducted in a thorough manner, using research based methods, allowing individuals and teams to pin-point factors triggering student challenging behavior.
This resource will not only guide you in the behavioral assessment process, but will provide you with a menu of preventative strategies, instructional teaching practices, and methods to respond to challenging behaviors, essential when developing a student’s BIP.
Included in this resource:
- Summary and Directions for Conducting Indirect Assessments – Step 1
- Hard and Editable Teacher Interview Form, Parent/Guardian Form, and Student
- Summary and Directions for Determining the Motivation Behind the Behavior
- Hard and Editable Motivation Determination Questionnaire
- Summary and Directions for Conducting the Pre-determining Factor Checklist
- Hard and Editable Pre-determining Factor Checklist
- Summary and Directions for Conducting Direct Observations – Step 2
- Summary and Directions for Conducting a Scatterplot
- Hard and Editable Scatterplot
- Summary and Directions for Conducting a Behavioral Snapshot Observation
- Hard and Editable Behavioral Snapshot Observation
- Summary and Directions for Conducting Antecedent, Behavior, and Consequence
- Hard and Editable A,B,C Observation Form
- Summary and Directions for Conducting a Direct Observation Summary
- Hard and Editable Direct Observation Summary Form
- Summary and Directions for Determining a Function (Hypothesis)- Step 3
- Functions of Challenging Behavior Flow Chart
- Summary and Directions for Conducting Environmental Manipulation – Step 4
- Summary and Directions for Compiling Steps 1 – 4 into the Functional Behavioral
Assessment Planning Form - Step 5
- Hard and Editable FBA Planning Form
- Hard and Editable Developing a Hypothesis Form
- Hard and Editable Functional Behavioral Assessment Summary Form
- Summary and Directions for Developing the Behavior Intervention Plan – Step 6
- Hard and Editable Copy of the BIP and the Behavioral Intervention Planning Sheet
- Strategies for Behavioral Support Planning
- Tabs for Easy Organization
Check out my other products at my TPT Store:
*COMING SOON* Individual videos will be added to this product to guide you in each of the 6-Step Behavioral Assessment Process!