This group is a HUGE set of activities for every letter of the alphabet! I have based several of my activities on Jan Richardson’s book The Next Step in Guided Reading. There are nineteen different types of letter activities. There are 320 pages in all! Perfect for Back to School or intervention students!
Here is a list of the 19 activities:
1. Assessment of letter knowledge -Identification, Sound production, and written response.
2. ABC book -Provides an anchor for each letter in reading and writing; reinforces letter names, sounds, and pictures
3. ABC Chart -Provides an anchor for each letter in reading and writing; reinforces letter names, sounds, and pictures
4. Name Activities-It is easiest for students to learn something that has meaning to them; therefore, the letters in their name will be the easiest letters for them to learn.
5. Other Ways to Learn Letters/Names- Using magnetic letters, letter tiles, play dough, etc.
6. 2 sets of Letter Tiles-consonants are black, vowels are red.
7. Alphabet Picture Cards-4 sets (Black/white and color) Cards can be used in lots of ways---concentration, sorting activities, Go Fish, etc.
8. Alphabet Play Dough Mats-Allows students a hands-on, tactile way to learn letter shapes.
9. Identifying and writing letters worksheet- Allows students to practice writing the alphabet as well as identifying the letters. Each letter has its own page.
10. Hear It, Find It, Graph It worksheet-Students practice initial sounds.
11. Sorting Upper and Lowercase letters
12. Matching upper and lowercase letters
13. Bubble Gum sort of each individual letter
14. Bubble Gum sort of upper and lowercase letters.
15. Individual letter books for each letter of the alphabet-Students create their own letter book. They use their creativity to think of enough words for their books, and they illustrate the book.
16. Match and Write--Students match pictures and words and write a sentence with one of the words.
17. Sorting Cards---Students sort pictures according to letter and sound.
18. I Have, Who Has Game- Students practice identifying letters quickly.
17. Letter Bingo--Reinforces identifying the letters
18. Sorting Worksheets- Sort by letter and by sound.
19. Letter Sort Mats -Students sort letters by features