This course has everything you need to help your son or daughter learn about the development of Canada as a nation from 1914 to 2000! These are proven resources (developed over 8 years) that will help your son or daughter understand the human experience of our history.
For ease of use, a professionally bound workbook (200 pages) and a resource CD is included in the purchase.
- There are 5 engaging units: World War One, the 20s and 30s, World War Two, the Post-War Era and Years of Change, plus exam preparation resources.
- Helpful user guides are included with each unit explaining how to use the course resources.
- The course can be completed using web resources, but the textbook Spotlight Canada is suggested.
- Each unit is thematically organized into a series of activities packages. Over 150 pages of activities that are visually appealing, organized and proven to help students learn.
- The best map animation website, the-map-as-history.com, is used as a resource throughout the course. A reasonable subscription is required.
- 25+ dynamic Powerpoint lectures that work along with the activities packages. These are also very engaging and clearly organized.
- Within each unit you will also find creative projects that are designed based upon differentiation and project based learning (PBL). In addition, there are traditional essay options (essay organizer included).
- Creative activities that use Smartphones, Twitter templates, station activities using primary resources, active games and more.
- In total, there are 10 Smartboard activities that can be completed on any computer using the Smartboard Express website - no program installation necessary! Students can complete these on a computer without a Smartboard!
- There are two tests (WW I and WW II) with answer keys.
- An exam review sheet, review activities, final exam and answer key is also included to aid in exam preparation.