Make teaching Forensics easy with this Complete Forensics Unit 3: Crime Scene Investigation resource. This product contains every resouce you need, no planning necessary. This bundle includes:
The unit plan is a combined unit and daily lesson plan that covers 7 blocks or 14 periods of a secondary Forensics course. SIOP, gifted, and differentiation strategies are embedded and easily identified throuought. Lessons are differnetiated accoding to learning style, grouping, and language ability. Both content and literacy standards as well as key vocabulary words, essential questions, activating strategies, instructional strategies, and summarizing strategies are included and highlighted.
Georgia Content Standards:
SFS1b: Distinguish and categorize physical and trace evidence.
SFS1c: Determine the proper techniques to search, isolate, collect, and record physical and trace evidence.
SFS1d: Evaluate the relevance of possible evidence at the site of an investigation.
SFS1e: Organize relevant information to accurately develop and submit both scene and analysis reports.
SCSh3: Students will identify and investigate problems scientifically.
Literacy Standards: L11-12WHST1: Write arguments focused on discipline-specific content.
Content Objectives (TSWBAT):
1. Isolate, record, and search for evidence at a mock crime scene.
2. Collect and package evidence at a mock crime scene using proper forensic procedures.
1. Discuss the steps in processing a crime scene.
2. Read documented case studies describing how crime scene investigation techniques impact prosecution efforts.
3. Write, discuss, and use key vocabulary appropriately.
Key Vocabulary: crime scene, modus operandi, accelerant, chain of custody