Products in this Bundle (4)
Writing a unit from scratch can be a monster. Save time with The Complete Frankenstein Unit and Teacher Guide. From pre-reading activities to during-reading lessons to extension projects to exam banks, this Frankenstein unit has what you need.
- Introduce the unit, goals, and the novel with pre-reading activities.
- Follow the reading schedule (4 readings) and ensure accountability with multiple-choice reading quizzes.
- Engage students after each reading with discussion questions and a variety of standards-based lessons.
- Extend learning with enriching challenges (inquiry, debate, creative writing, performance, and more).
- Assess mastery with performance tasks and/or a final exam.
- Key topics include allusion, characterization, imagery, structure (frame tales), structural effects (e.g., suspense), point of view, symbolism, theme development, Romanticism, and science fiction.
- 17 lessons (3 pre-reading, 9 during reading, and 5 after reading)
- 4 discussion sets
- Each lesson follows an into, through, and beyond format.
- Connected clips, readings, and graphic organizers
NOTE: Resource based on the original 1818 publication.
- A variety of activities (group tasks, presentations, creative writing, etc.)
- Key excerpts by chapter with analysis
- 4 assigned readings
- PDF and MS Word formats (easy to modify)
- Answer keys included
Culminating tasks and extension assignments
- 2-3 focus standards for each
- 29 one-page handouts
- PDF and MS Word files (print or make modifications)
- Helpful graphic organizers and links
- A wide variety of tasks (design, performance, research, etc.)
Exam banks (4)
- Comprehension questions: 40 (answer key included)
- Language Arts questions: 42 (answer key included)
- Short answer prompts: 22
- Extended response prompts: 12
- Test items range from easy to challenging
- Two file formats: PDF and MS Word
- TeachNovels Unit Instructions
- Bonus resource: Frankenstein Reading Test (Use when assigning the novel as extra credit or summer reading.)