This zip file is a complete grammar skills review packet, which includes the following PowerPoints:
1. Review of Nouns (common/proper, singular/plural, possessive, abstract v. concrete and collective) and Pronouns - along with all the rules that apply to each
2. Review of Capitalization, Commas, and Direct Quotation rules
3. Review of Action, Linking, and Helping Verb conjugation and rules
4. Review of Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
5. Review of Figurative Language including Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia, and Hyperbole
6. Review of Sentence skills including simple/complete subjects and predicates, complete sentences, fragments, subject-verb agreement, run-on sentences, compound and complex sentences.
7. Review of Adjectives (regular, proper, and comparative/superlative), Articles, Adverbs, and Negatives/Double Negatives and any rules associated with each.
**Each of the PPTs include multiple choice questions and/or discussion questions for interaction with your students that you can choose to have them use dry-erase boards, response cards, etc. to participate with the PPT.
**This pack also includes reference cards with the rules and examples for nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, sentence skills, verbs, capitalization, commas, direct quotations, and prefixes/suffixes/roots that you can print and laminate for your students to keep in their folders/binders to study or for reference throughout the year.
THESE PPTs ARE A GREAT REVIEW OF LANGUAGE SKILLS FOR STATE TESTING!