This unit takes about 10 lessons. It is specifically designed to be very flexible to suit various teaching styles, environments and tech availability. It can be completely teacher lead, blended or students can complete the unit independently. The lessons are formatted in the 5E lesson model.
The file you will download is the Unit Lesson Plans document (MS Word). This document has links to the Google doc version of the lesson plans AND links for all Google docs you will need for the entire unit. That includes...
1. Unit Lesson Plan
2. Classification activity
3. Word Study
4. Video notes (with corresponding video links)
5. Project instructions
6. Reading comprehension
7. 2 student hyperdocs (for independent study or blended environment)
8. Brace map evaluation
9. Project rubric
You are welcome to make a copy of the Google Docs and tweak/make changes that suit your needs, remove pieces, add things (i.e. resources available to you)...etc.
In the end, your students would have completed...
1. notes in their notebook
2. completed a project (great for Open House and conferences)
3. have a rigorous understanding of the NGSS 5-PS1-1 standard
4. learned to be an independent learner in an engaging and fun way.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a message and let me know how things go in your classroom. Happy teaching!