After reading Tell-Tale Heart, students will work on a (week long) project to help them dive deeper into the text, understand the story language, find specific quotations/story parts, and discuss how the character(s) develop. There are fun elements included that allow students to draw/color, and there is even a modern spin on the story with an iPhone.
1) Character Autopsy: "dissect" the main characters thoughts, visions, hearing, heart, actions, etc.
2) Sanity Debate: watch a YouTube video to understand an insanity plea; decide and prove whether or not the main character is sane/insane
3) Retell Comic: Using specific parts of the stories, retell the story in a comic strip
4) Tell-Tale Texts: Use modern day technology to retell the story
5) Character Development: how does the character change B, M, E
6) Mood: Discuss story mood and tone
**This is a PDF, ready to print and create as a packet for students. You might choose to do all or some of these pages. All SIX pages are included. I use a YouTube reading of the story (pausing it at certain parts) to read the story with the students. Then, we make a story map together and take a quiz (not included). This is all done day one. Students work on the project pages Tuesday-Friday for the rest of the week.