Welcome to Complete Writer’s Workshop Grades 6 - 8 - 10 -12. An 8-Day Common Core Unit”
This packet is a perfect introduction for the Writer’s Workshop that established proper habits, encourages critical thinking, and prepares students for an important activity that will occur throughout classes in high school and college.
What You Receive:
• 8-Day Unit Plan with Common Core Anchor Standards
• Teacher and Student Instructions
• Three Activities of increasing difficulty for correct critiquing with Answer Key.
• Two Writing Samples for use in Mock Workshops (one is an analytical essay excerpt from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, one is a characterization scene excerpt from a setting exercise).
• Quiz on the Workshop process with a corresponding Answer Key
• Seating Charts for Workshop, assessment, attendance, or your needs.
• Student workshop Self-Assessments (one for reviewers and one for writers)
• Critique/Peer Review sheets.
**PLUS, Newly added Rubrics for you to use with your class once
they've written their first piece. Three rubrics included. One each
for: analytical essay writing, short story, and a creative scene.
• In total, over 39 informative and organized pages for an 8-day unit!
The Workshop – Your Worst Enemy or Greatest Ally
In an ideal situation, a workshop helps every student learn , and not just from YOU, but from each other! On the other hand, if not introduced or taught properly, the workshop is rife with problems ranging from students who are unprepared or do not know what to say, who are reticent, or worse who use it as a flattery or as a bullying session. When implemented and used properly from the start, the Workshop can be the best and most rewarding learning experience for your student. And that is where WE come in!
Our Workshop Product, and the Formula
PerfettoWritingRoom© uses our years of expertise in writing to introduce directions, provide a dedicated formula for how to make a complete critique, provide carefully scaffolded activities and “mock workshops” in this 8-day resource to ensure a successful workshop experience for your classroom. The critique formula we insist upon ensures maximum usefulness for the person being critiqued, and ensures critical thinking on the part of the reviewer. It raises the likelihood of having a productive Workshop, AND it will yield less frustration around rewrite time.
Use the Entire 39-Page Packet from PerfettoWritingRoom to Introduce the Workshop, Review the Rules, Practice through the Activities provided, and even give a quiz. By the time the 8-day Unit is complete, you are ready to have your students follow the Workshop format with a major writing project in your classroom. The quality of the Workshop critiques, both oral and written will naturally improve as they go along.
Good luck teachers, and thank you in advance for your purchase and for your ratings or comments. Please let me know if you have any questions or want special or related products.
If You Like This Product, You May also Like:
Peer Edit and Workshop: Critical Thinking and Analysis with SAMPLES. - A fantastic way to build critical thinking skills and help students analyze their own critique process!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺