Common Core Secondary Math brings you “Fluent in Math: Fluency Checks for the Common Core”
The Common Core State Standards in Math (CCSSM) stress fluency with skills and procedures along with conceptual understanding and mathematical applications.
Fluency with mathematics at the secondary level requires the same repeated practice and feedback as multiplication facts did in elementary school, however, generating the required fluency checks takes time. Many middle and high school students still believe that as soon as you take a math test, you can purge the information from your brain. I created these fluency checks because I and my students needed them and I hope they can help you and your students.
You will receive 4 versions of Completing the Square a=1, no fractions and no radicals, Fluency Checks with keys.
Each version has 5 questions and the answers do not contain fractions or radicals.
Complete answer keys are included.
There are more products in the Quadratics Fluency Product line including specific checks for Factoring the following:
• Factoring Special Patterns: Difference of Squares and Perfect Square Trinomials
• Factoring Quadratics All Types Fluency Quiz
• Factoring Quadratics a=1, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is composite, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is prime, Fluency Check
• Factor Sum and Difference of Cubes Fluency Check
• Factor by Grouping Fluency Check
Common Core Standards:
• A.SSE.A.1a: Interpret parts of an expression.
• A.SSE.A.2: Use the structure of an expression to identify ways to rewrite it.
• A.SSE.B.3 Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain properties of the quantity represented by the expression.
• IF.C.8a: Use the process of factoring in a quadratic function to show zeros.
Answer Keys included.
Suggestions for usage based on the nature of your class.
Logo background licensed from The Candy Class
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License