Common Core Secondary Math brings you “Tic Tac Toe Math" Solo or Partner Activity.
This specific version includes:
* Solving quadratics by completing the square.
* Rewriting the standard form of a quadratic in vertex form and identifying the vertex.
No fractions are required and there are no radicals in the answers.
The Common Core State Standards in Math (CCSSM) stress fluency with skills and procedures along with conceptual understanding and mathematical applications. Immediate feedback, the benefit of Tic Tac Toe Math, encourages understanding and fluency by allowing students to get and give feedback to each other immediately and work through any differences.
Depending on your the level you teach and the sequencing of quadratics, completing the square to convert the standard form of a quadratic may come before solving a quadratic by completing the square and using square roots.
There is a version with each set of directions along with the corresponding answer key. In addition, there is an answer key with the complete worked solution rather than just the answers.
Each version has the SAME questions, with different directions.
Quadratics are equations in the following forms:
• Equal to zero
• Equal to a number
• Equal to an expression
Complete answer keys are included for all versions plus a fully worked key.
There are more products in the Quadratics Product line including the following:
Completing the Square:
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 No Fractions or Radicals required
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 plus Fractions; No Radicals
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 plus Radicals; No Fractions
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 Mixed Problems
• Completing the Square Fluency Quiz / Check a=1 No Fractions/No Radicals
• Completing the Square Fluency Check / Quiz a=1, fractions required, radicals not required
• Factoring Special Patterns: Difference of Squares and Perfect Square Trinomials
• Factoring Quadratics All Types Fluency Quiz
• Factoring Quadratics a=1, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is composite, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is prime, Fluency Check
• Factor Sum and Difference of Cubes Fluency Check
• Factor by Grouping Fluency Check
Logo background licensed from The Candy Class
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License