Common Core Secondary Math brings you “Fluent in Math: Fluency Checks for the Common Core”
The Common Core State Standards in Math (CCSSM) stress fluency with skills and procedures along with conceptual understanding and mathematical applications.
Fluency with mathematics at the secondary level requires the same repeated practice and feedback as multiplication facts did in elementary school, however, generating the required fluency checks takes time. Many middle and high school students still believe that as soon as you take a math test, you can purge the information from your brain. I created these fluency checks because I and my students needed them and I hope they can help you and your students.
You will receive 4 versions of Completing the Square a=1, radicals required but no fractions, Fluency Checks with keys.
Each version has 5 questions and the answers do not contain fractions.
Complete answer keys are included.
There are more products in the Quadratics Fluency Product line including specific checks for Factoring the following:
• Factoring Special Patterns: Difference of Squares and Perfect Square Trinomials
• Factoring Quadratics All Types Fluency Quiz
• Factoring Quadratics a=1, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is composite, Fluency Check
• Factoring Quadratics a is prime, Fluency Check
• Factor Sum and Difference of Cubes Fluency Check
• Factor by Grouping Fluency Check
Check out my activities for completing the square at varying levels of difficulty:
Completing the Square:
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 No Fractions or Radicals required
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 plus Fractions; No Radicals
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 plus Radicals; No Fractions
• Tic Tac Toe Math: Completing the Square a=1 Mixed Problems
• Completing the Square Fluency Quiz / Check a=1 No Fractions/No Radicals
• Completing the Square Fluency Check / Quiz a=1, fractions required, radicals not required
Logo background licensed from The Candy Class
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License