Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
14.95 MB | 28 pages
This resource includes 2 sets (color along with black & white) of composer bookmarks. Twelve composers from the four major time periods are featured. Each bookmark contains the following: image (clip art) of the composer, birth and death dates, time period, and names of some of the musical selections they wrote. See below for a list of the composer's and the names of the musical selections listed n the bookmarks.
You can use both or just one version of this set. Have your students color the black and white bookmark as they listen to a featured song by that composer. Then laminate them to preserve them.
• Bach (Brandenburg Concertos; Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and Toccata and Fugue in D Minor)
• Handel ("Hallelujah Chorus" from Messiah; Royal Fireworks Suite & Water Music)
• Vivaldi (The Four Seasons and Gloria)
• Beethoven (Symphony No. 5; Symphony No. 9 (Ode to Joy); Fur Elise; Moonlight Sonata)
• Haydn (Symphony No. 45 (Farewell); Symphony No. 94 (Surprise); The Creation)
• Mozart (Eine Kleine Nachtmusik; Symphony No. 40; The Magic Flute and Variations on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
• Brahms (Academic Festival Overture; Lullaby and Liebeslieder Waltzes)
• Tchaikovsky (1812 Overture; The Nutcracker; Swan Lake)
• Wagner (Tannhauser; Die Walkure aka Ride of the Valkyries; Lohengrin)
• Copland (Appalachian Spring; Fanfare for the Common Man; Lincoln Portrait; "Hoe-Down" from Rodeo)
• Joplin (The Entertainer; Maple Leaf Rag and Treemonisha)
• Stravinksy (Petrushka; Firebird Suite; The Rite of Spring)
These bookmarks can be used with or without the Composer and Time Period Workstations. The file is in PDF form.