Also included in
- Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? Wanting composer materials for your entire year? Save over 25% by buying this is a bundle instead of individual sets!This comprehensive bundle includes the sets listed above, as well as a bonus file$90.00$120.75Save $30.75
Looking for ways to integrate more listening lessons and music history into your general music class? This "Composer of the Month" set focuses on Georges Bizet, and is the tenth in the series!
This product includes:
*Directions to "Follow Me" Activity to "The Carmen Overture" (appropriate for grades K-1)
* Listening lesson slideshow for Bizet's "Carillon"(appropriate for grades 2 and above--this lesson focuses on re)
* Listening lesson for Bizet's "Toreador" (appropriate for grades 3 and above--focuses on ti-tika (1 eighth/ 2 sixteenth)
*Rhythm flashcards for Toreador
* "Be a composer like Bizet" worksheet (appropriate for grade 1 and above--separate composition worksheets for each of these concepts: ta and ti-ti, quarter rest, tika-tika, half note, ti-tika, tika-ti, syncopa, and tim-ka)
* Movement activity to Bizet's "Carmen" (25 color and black/white printable sheets with clip art of Bizet with movement directions on each, and PowerPoint with embedded music), appropriate for grades 1-5.
*SQUILT (Super Quiet UnInterrupted Listening Time) worksheet--can be used with Bizet piece of your choice
*Slideshow about Bizet's life, with student-friendly details
*Composer of the month bulletin board visuals (includes letters for "Composer of the month," Picture of Bizet, World map pointing to France, Visuals for Bizet's most well-known works, and Composer/ Conductor/ Musician Visuals with definitions)
*Did You Know Cards: Includes 8 different interesting facts about Bizet. These can be used during music lessons and/or read on morning announcements during the month Bizet is being studied
*Directions for the set
Note: You can view the PDF's like a slideshow by going to "view," then "full screen."
Download the preview for more information and visuals.
These activities can be used for any month you choose, or if you'd prefer, can be spread out over the year.
Please note that due to copyright, a recording of the overture from "Carmen" is included, as that recording is royalty-free, but you will have to provide the recordings for the other activities.
You can also purchase this as part of my "Composer of the Month" bundled set.
Check out these composer of the month sets:
Please rate this product, and follow me for freebies and other product updates. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com.